What are your frames saying about you?
Frames now come in a multitude of shapes, sizes, colours and materials. The style you wear can have a dramatic effect on your overall appearance. The eyes play an important role in communicating and relating with others; our dispensing opticians are experienced stylists as well as having the essential technical knowledge.
The fit of the frame is crucial. A poor fitting frame or misaligned lenses will reduce clarity and peripheral vision, increasing visual discomfort – critical factors for driving for example. Our qualified dispensing opticians will take a number of measurements to ensure comfortable and accurate frame fitting. With general wear, some frames may work loose – as part of our service, on-going frame refitting is complimentary for all spectacles supplied by us.
You can choose from our stock of high profile designer frames from cutting edge fashion houses, contemporary and classic styles as well standard frames to suit the economy budget.
We can also help you design your own made-to-measure frame for that perfect fit and individual styling.
Frame Measurements and fitting is an essential part of giving you comfortable vision. Some of the measurements we take include pupil distance (dependent on where you are looking), Length to Bend, Pantoscopic angle, Dihedral angle, Head width. If a proper assessment of the fit of a frame is not done, then this not only makes the spectacles uncomfortable to wear, but also has a detrimental effect on visual comfort which often causes the following;
- Binocular vision problems = 3D vision problems, eye fatigue, headaches
- Spatial Judgement errors = increased clumsiness, increased risk of fall
- Reduced peripheral vision = Increased risk of accidents when driving
- Increased peripheral distortion = swimmy vision, headaches, nausea
- Perceptual problems when looking down (to the floor or reading) = increased risk of tripping/fall
- Thicker lenses = heavy on your nose, frames slip, poor vision, neck problems as you try to compensate
On collection of your spectacles, we will ensure that the frames are adjusted to fit comfortably, but the service does not stop there. You should pop in now and again so that we can check the fitting of the frames. This service is free of charge for all spectacles supplied by us for the lifetime of the frame.